Julia Lamb is a contemporary session guitarist currently based in London. She grew up in Melbourne, Australia, before moving to London straight after high school to further her music career and study at The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance.
- Guitar with electro-pop artist Aaron
- Bass with indie artist Zuzu
- Has toured extensively across the U.K., sharing stages with the likes of Catfish and the Bottlemen, Jurassic 5, The Enemy, Clean Cut Kid, Juliette Lewis and many more.
- Has performed in various different settings including function bands, stage bands with full brass sections, solo guitar performances, backing singer-songwriters and playing live radio sessions
- Skills include sight-reading ability, adaptability and a breadth of knowledge of styles including pop, funk, big-band, rock, blues, country, soul and many more.
- Worked alongside producers such as Cam Blackwood (George Ezra, London Grammar, Florence and the Machine) and Julian Simmons (Ed Sheeran, Animal Kingdom)
- Recently recorded a BBC Introducing session at Maida Vale Studios in London
- Recently contributed bass guitar and backing vocals to Zuzu’s “What You Want” and “Get Off”, which has been featured as BBC Radio 1’s ‘Introducing’ playlist slot of the week, had several plays from Annie Mac and Huw Stephens, featured on major Spotify and Apple Beats radio playlists and has been synced on TV shows such as BBC’s ‘Match of the Day’.
- Recently recorded in Warner Music’s new in-office studio ‘The Firepit’
- Written and recorded parts for other artists in the past
Julia has plans to establish a career in London, continuing to perform, record and tour with original artists, play for orchestras and function bands and undertake session work.